Yesterday, my friend Emily A and I took a break from work for a lunch run to Harmons. We were talking in the parking lot when a man in a black cowboy hat, red jacket, cowboy boots, and full beard walked by. Emily gasped and said, "Is that Willie Nelson?!" I was full of doubt, since the guy didn't have braided hair and seemed awfully skinny, but Emily was fairly sure. When she mentioned that the Sundance Film Festival should be going on now, I agreed it was possible this man was in fact Mr. Willie Nelson. We waited for a minute, then followed him into the store. We didn't exactly stalk him, since we had our own groceries to locate, but we're pretty sure he noticed us watching him and started avoiding us! We mentioned to the girl at the check-out counter that Willie Nelson was in the store, and she said that Jack Nicholson used to come in all the time! Whoa, Jack Nicholson?When pressed, I'd have to say I have no idea what songs Willie Nelson is famous for, but Emily and I considered asking him if he was indeed the singer and if he'd give us his autograph. It was a nice little moment on our otherwise icky Monday.
I've never been to the Sundance Film Festival. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the movies since there's no ratings system that I'm aware of, and with my luck I'd probably see a movie worthy of an "R" rating. Call me a goody-goody if you want, but I'm not a fan of the "F" word, or excessive violence or sex. I do think it would be fun to go up to Park City and do some star-sighting, but it's cold, and I have trouble recognizing people out of context, and if I were famous I'd hate not being able to go places without people mobbing me or taking my photo. I don't know what I'd say to a famous person anyway. Heck, half the time I don't know what to say to normal people either! So, I'll probably skip out on the Festival again.
But I wonder if Golnar has tickets to the Entertainment Tonight party again... I may not be invited, but I sure can dream!
2 comments:
He he... this sounds so fun! Scott and I once saw Gary Coleman (the short black guy, you know...) walking out of a Cracker Barrel. It was very strange, and he was not very nice. Hum...
You are famous my dear! Well, at least to us! Love ya, Megs! Hope you're surviving!!
How exciting!
Post a Comment