Monday, March 23

100 Extra Steps

Since I don't have the desire to lay off the carbs anymore, I'm trying to move my body more than I usually would. This endeavor has been largely unsuccessful. However, I came up with a way to get at least 100 extra steps into my day at work.

My office is on the second floor of a three-story building. Instead of using the restroom on my floor, I take the stairs up to the third floor, then walk all the way to the first. I use the Ladies (sic) room on the first floor. Then I take the stairs all the way back up to the third floor and back to the second and go back to work.

This is, of course, if I'm not in a super-big hurry or with someone else. If I'm wearing flats, I jog the stairs. If I'm wearing heels I walk. It only takes a few extra minutes.

Not an exercise regiment, but it's something! And this way I feel slightly less annoyed with myself for succumbing to that Kneader's brownie this afternoon.

2 comments:

Elisha said...

Way to find something that works for you! I want to be motivated to find something that works for me, the motivation just isn't quite there yet.

Mandee Lue said...

On my cell phone, it has this really cool pedometer function. As long as it's turned on, having my cell phone in my pocket means I keep track of my steps all day long! It's really gratifying to see the 10,000 mark occasionally... "Occasionally" being the key word!

Keep up the good work!