*Updated
I landed my dream role yesterday! My #1, die-to-play, reach-for-the-stars dream role! I'm going to be playing Milly in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I seriously can't believe it. I am not quite pinching myself, but I don't think it will feel real until I get to that first rehearsal and introduce myself... actually, maybe I still won't believe it until we actually read the script... or until we get to opening day.
When the director called yesterday to offer me the part, I nearly started to cry on the phone. I've wanted this part for so long, and the last time I auditioned and didn't get the part it shattered my self-esteem for nearly a year (I've grown a bit since then, so I don't think it would have crushed me quite so much this time). I'm stunned. This is the way I felt when I was cast as Ado Annie in Oklahoma, Amy in Little Women, and Kim in Bye Bye Birdie. I know I have talent and I always fight so hard for roles at auditions and callbacks, but it somehow still flabbergasts me when directors actually choose me for these iconic, fun, difficult, important roles. This is a big deal! This is such a huge responsibility and I am pretty freaked out and even more excited! This time, I'm the LEAD. Not just A lead, but THE lead. The last curtsey. The one with a ton of songs and even more lines. Holy granola, I've never had to memorize that many lines or sing that many songs.
I'm starting to freak out more.
AAAAAAAH! I'm so happy! I can't wait for the first rehearsal! I hope I can do this! I hope I don't disappoint the pro team! They've put a lot of faith in me. This is AWESOME!
It's going to be fun!
And then when it's over, I'll need a new #1, die-to-play, reach-for-the-stars dream role. Adelaide or Sarah in Guys and Dolls? Or maybe Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie...?
*The play is being produced by the West Jordan Arts Council. Their venue was closed and they don't yet know where we will be performing, but as of now the performances are planned for June 17-29 at 7:30pm except Sundays. I am trying not to worry. No one is allowed to rain on my parade!
8 comments:
I'm so proud of and excited for you, sister! Just like in Oklahoma!, I know you'll steal the show and be fantastic. Love you! Oh, and what are the dates?
CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting Megan! Do tell where the show will be so I can come cheer you on!
Congrats Megan! That is absolutely awesome, and I really want to come see you!
Sooooooo exciting! Congratulations, Megs! You will be fabulous!
That is so exciting!! Congrats!! I will do my best to come to this performance. When and where? I know I promised to come to the last show but couldn't. I really really want to see you as Millie!!
That is wonderful! Milly was always my hero growing up, I always wanted to be her! I'm so excited for you! What are the dates? I'd love to come watch one of my favorite cousins-in-law play one of my favorite heroines! :-)
Wonderful day indeed! I can't wait to see it!
Woo hoo!! Congrats!! That's one of my favorites! REALLY wish I could see it live! You'll be incredible!!! I know you can do this!
Post a Comment