Sunday, May 16

All I Do Is Dream of You

I watched my first Marx brothers' movie today, A Night at the Opera, and it was really funny! I have to admit, though, my favorite moment in the movie was this:

It makes my fingers itch to play... I haven't played in about 5 years and am pretty rusty. Chico is inspiring, though! I keep watching it over and over to watch his hands. He doesn't use conventional fingering, and it is so cool and entertaining! And, of course, I love the song. Now I may need to watch Singing in the Rain for the Debbie Reynolds version.

Who am I kidding? I don't need an excuse to watch Singing in the Rain! I am happy to watch it anytime!

It's just fun to find different versions of songs that I like, and this is a particularly good one!

2 comments:

Rach said...

That was so fun! I totally want to learn to play that song just like he played it. Wouldn't that be fun?

Miss Megan said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I'd love to do this for a talent program or something (after a whole lot of practicing) but half the fun is the way his hands move. Would be fun just to goof around with it!