| This has been a good headshot for me for all these years. I'm just a smidgen sad to retire it. |
I honestly can't decide which I like better. Mandie and I agreed the black-and-white one is a bit more Megan-y, so that's probably the one I'll use the most. I have both of these in color and black-and-white.
Mandie was so easy to work with. She asked me for my input and made changes when I asked. I even loved that she explained what she was doing with lighting and stuff. As someone who is interested in good photography (even if I can't reproduce it) I was grateful for the tips.
Also funny was when Mandie took a look at my face to see which was the "short side" -- most faces are asymmetrical, and Mandie was trying to figure out which was my better side. Funny enough, my face IS pretty symmetrical... until I smile, that is! I have a crooked smile. This was not new information for me, but the fact that my face is otherwise symmetrical was! Weird. As much as I look at myself in the mirror, I thought I would have noticed that before now. Whateves.
And now I'll stop being totally vain and talking about my face.
Instead, I'll tell you all that if you're in need of a great headshot, contact Mandie on her web site. She is a joy to work with, and produces marvelous results. I wish I could have stayed and chatted with her longer -- I love her madly!
Thanks again, Mandie!
Now to find a show I'm excited about auditioning for so I can start using these bad boys...


7 comments:
Great head shots! I don't know which I like better. I know that doesn't help. Sorry!
Excellent head shots! My sister is a real looker :)
Super cute. :)
I love this gorgeousness. I actually want to use Mandie...what is her website?
sylinda
Aw, thanks for the compliments, everyone! Mandie's website is http://www.illuminephotography.com/. I can't recommend her highly enough!
Always beautiful!!! Love the new head shots. I read on a theatre website last year that black & white head shots are more out dated. Was that so last year or what? :D
Just thought I'd pass that along, but I am a newbie so take it with a grain of salt. That first one would look fabulous in color also!
I got a head shot package last year at the Empress silent auction and I have been putting it off, blaming my hair color or other such nonsense because I want it to be just right and I don't know what I'm doing. I'll take the plunge eventually. Hopefully soon. :) Love ya!
Amy, I have heard that black-and-white head shots are no longer the fashion. Fortunately, Mandie gave me both photos in color AND black-and-white... though I admit, I like the black-and-white better. I'm not sure why.
I definitely want to see your head shots when you finally get them done!
Post a Comment