Friday, September 21

Medieval IT

Sometimes I take my computer skills for granted. Then I talk with someone who doesn't know how to use a search engine, upload photos, attach them to an e-mail, or pay their bills online (this was more common 10 years ago when I was teaching middle-aged building inspectors how to turn in reports using an online program), and I realize how cool it is that I know this stuff. Plus, it's nice to help others out once in awhile. It's nice to have a bit of service experience. I feel useful AND I develop empathy!! My mom is just happy I was able to turn all those hours goofing off on the internet during college into a viable job :D

If you've ever worked in IT (information technology), or just taught someone how to send an e-mail (Hi Mom!), this video is for you.

And even if you haven't, you might get a kick out of it.


Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend :)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Love it! This is SOO me when I have to teach other teachers at school how to use the technology. However, I'm sadly not as patient...