Monday, September 17

September tybbling

  • So far, I've already completed twelve performances of Little Women. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact I've done so many. That's the equivalent of a full run for most CenterPoint shows, but I'm so lucky I still get to do another four :) (To put it in perspective, the total is twice the number of performances I had for The Marvelous Wonderettes!) This really is one of the best-quality plays I've ever been a part of, and I have loved hearing how much my friends have liked it. Even a lot of men who don't like chick flicks have enjoyed it. Only one week left. Don't miss it. You won't regret coming!
    Yes, I am the troll! Yes, it
    is the coolest (and most
    stifling) costume ever!
  • Starting to worry about what I'm going to do after the show closes. Then again, I've never had much trouble filling my time before. I am going to take a theater break. Larissa said it'll be tempting not to jump into something else right away and she's already right. But I will resist because I have so many neglected friends to see and activities to pursue. Life won't be dull. It'll be nice to recharge and live the life of a regular person for awhile, instead of playing at someone else's, much as I love it and hate to miss performing opportunities.
  • The nice thing about the timing of my show closing is that most of the network television shows start up again next week. Woo-hoo! I'll finally learn the fate of the plane crash survivors on Grey's Anatomy, get reacquainted with the quirky Community bunch, and see how Leslie manages her new job on Parks and Recreation. Also been watching Doctor Who and Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. Took me awhile to get into them, but Holy Cow, I'm hooked now!
  • The doctor told me today that I've been dealing with bronchitis for the last few weeks. Boo. If I hadn't put off going to the doc, I might have known this and been treated before the horrific on-stage coughing fit last Tuesday. Then again, how was I supposed to know it would be this bad? Lucky that my part in the play isn't more singing-intensive. I've managed to muddle through without too many problems or false notes. Thank goodness for antibiotics. They'll get me well again in no time. Wish it could have waited three weeks to show up, though. Oh, well :P 
  • Meanwhile, I miss my previous doctor. I loved her. She was never too busy to listen to what I had to say and answer all of my questions. She left her practice in order to spend more time with her family. The guy I saw today mumbled the diagnosis while practically running out of the room and barely answered the one question I managed to ask before he closed the door behind him. Won't be going to him again...
My birthday tiara :D
My nieces were sooo jealous!
  • My birthday week was perfect. I didn't even mind (much) being sick for it. Everything I did was brilliant. I didn't feel sad or lonely, and got to do and eat almost everything I wanted. Hoping to write up a post about all of the fun, though it won't include "Besty Birthday" 'cause that date is yet to be determined. That's what happens when you and your best friend are both crazy-busy during your close-together birthdays. Just prolongs the celebration a bit longer. You should give it a try :D
  • Was surprised to hear that the BYU/University of Utah game happened on Saturday. If not for a few (billion) posts on Friday and Saturday I might have missed it entirely... which would have been fine. I really don't care about the rivalry except that it seems to bring out the ugliness of my partisan friends in the same way the election does. I'm glad the whole thing only lasted three days on Facebook (including the day after when the U fans gloated about their victory), and sad that my Cougars apparently deserved their loss. *Shrug* Thank goodness that's over for another year!
C'est tout. Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Larissa said...

Was your previous doctor Maisa Morris? Because mine was and she left her practice to spend more time with her family and I loved her...
I'm gonna be weirded out if we had the same doctor...

Miss Megan said...

Get ready to be weirded out, Riss, because we had the same doctor <:-O Wasn't she terrific? I'm happy for her, but sad for us!!

Most Happy Girl said...

My doctor is Peter Sundwall. He and his father (who passed away in the early 80s) have been my family's general pracs since my mom was 4. (His dad delivered me.) I don't know if he's taking new patients, but you can call his office to see. I really like him, and his PA (we call him Dr. Dave) is amazing.

Larissa said...

?!?!?!?!(@&$@*&$_B@V&*!_)&(!!!!!
SERIOUSLY?! What are the odds? She was amazing.

Hatt family said...

I hope you are back to excellent health soon! We love spreading out the birthday celebrating! :)