This
| (Chips Ahoy White Fudge Chunky cookies will be my undoing) |
plus
This
| White chocolate hot cocoa |
equals
delicious
I have long loved white hot chocolate, and I discovered this winter that Fresh Market sells it. I first bought those cookies for a party in October that ended up being cancelled, so I unwisely decided to go ahead and eat them myself. Oddly, they are not nearly as delicious (actually, they're kind of yucky) without the hot chocolate.
After I started eating them together, I almost immediately noticed that I was no longer maintaining the size I had for a good 8 months. Compounding the problem is that since I was doing the show (or other evening activities), I have been eating this combination after 11 at night. Big no-no.
But it's so goooooood!
I am determined, after I finish this last package (I have 2 servings left), that I not buy any more of the cookies. I am stating this on my blog to show a little extra resolve and accountability.
I might continue the hot chocolate... it will be slightly less unhealthy without the cookies, right?
(You might argue that I should throw out those 2 last servings now, but my frugal mind just cannot abide throwing food away, unless it's expired. You'd be surprised how long I've had some of my junk food around without eating it. I'm still working on some Reeses peanut butter pumpkins from Halloween. My self-control is kind of funny that way.)
Also, I'll have to start applying these rules -- especially #25 -- to my life. (Well, as much as I can without actually going to a gym.) An active lifestyle is always important, right? Yes. And when the show was going on I could hope that all the running around in those heels was helping to off-set the indulgent food. Must buckle down again. Doubtless I won't snap back right away. It'll take a bit more consideration in the rest of my diet as well for awhile, but cutting out this delicious treat is the first step.
I'm not saying I'm all of a sudden fat or look bad. I know I look fine. I just want to treat my body right, especially during this time of year when sickness and sadness are practically inevitable. Must do all I can to stay healthy, and that definitely involves eating better.
What's your latest food kryptonite? Any healthy snacks you recommend for the next time I want to cave?
2 comments:
Thanks for posting the gym rules. Several of those were very motivational for me in my own quest! As for me, my favorite snack right now is a half a cup of frozen red grapes (so delicious frozen) paired with a quarter cup of salted cashews. Yummy and keeps me going for several hours!
Your snack sounds delicious, Andrea! I'll definitely be trying that :D
Post a Comment