My show closed on Saturday, but even before then friends and family and strangers alike were asking me what I'll be doing next (meaning, "What show are you doing next?"). I guess I can't blame them. Those bitten by the theater bug often do shows one right after another. You get in the groove, and ride the endorphin high right into the next project. I am usually no exception.
However, my answer at this time is:
Taking a break!!!!
I need to catch up on friends, dating, exercise, sleep, work, home improvement and, well, everything else I haven't had time for the last couple of months whilst flexing my artistic muscles :P Maybe I'll even take a vacation. Maybe.
There have been quite a few auditions lately that I was interested in and ultimately decided to skip. I plan to audition for Ragtime next month (one of my friends teased me that a month isn't a sufficient amount of time for a decent break), but other than that -- and maybe Robin Hood in Clearfield in April because, seriously, when will an opportunity to do that story come up again? -- I'm content to just sit around until June.
Of course, I might be more resilient than I think, and some other rare opportunity may come up before then, so plans may change.
For right now, though, I just want to hole up in my condo, ignore all event requests on Facebook, and finally finish Game of Thrones #3: A Storm of Swords, 'cause, man, I am only a little past halfway and this book is CRAZY! You better believe I'll be shutting off my phone later this week to give that book the time it deserves!
Happy Monday, folks. Any fun plans this week?
6 comments:
I missed it? Man I SUCK!!! I'm sorry.
It's kind of amazing that you missed it, since I performed 15 times :P I still love you, Kristen, and you better come to the next one!!
I was going to come see you in this play but I have a strict "no pay for plays" policy. (;
Hahaha, Jes! No comps for you ;)
Hey! To be fair I have been working on a show of my own, and the nights I could go you weren't performing!!
To be fair, you were the one who said you suck. I said I love you!
Post a Comment