"Nope." I replied, showing her my naked left hand.
She asked if I was getting ready to serve a mission, and I said I had already served.
Then she asked me if I got to take advantage of the new age limit, and I responded that I was almost 22 when I left, and I wasn't sure if I would have been ready at 19.
That's when I realized this woman thought I was in my early twenties. She might have even thought I WAS twenty! Golly, I needed that shot of self-esteem yesterday! Thanks, lady!
Not bad for a girl who's well into her thirties :-)
I would like to thank my parents for looking younger than their ages,
my family and friends for allowing and often encouraging me to act like a crazy kid,
my facial lady for helping me take such good care of my skin,
and Heavenly Father for sending me to the temple last night (it was a beneficial trip in other, probably more important ways, as well), and for everything else I have in this world.
Sometimes looking younger than my age is a curse: it seems that men my age aren't interested in someone who looks like their little sister, and younger men aren't interested in a girl my age.
Sometimes it's a blessing: remember how I played Amy in Little Women last year?
But for better or worse, I am who I am: the girl my friends think of when they see a tiara ;)
![]() |
| Emily crowns me "Miss Amazing 2008" |
![]() |
| Sleeping Beauty and Destro |
| My first "real" tiara -- a gift from Kate :) |
![]() |
| Cinderella |
| New Year's tiara |
![]() |
| Tiny tiara! |
![]() |
| Disney princesses |
![]() |
| Four of these six tiaras are mine *sheepish grin* |
I'm okay with that :)
Happy Friday!






2 comments:
Because you are a princess and you love your tiaras!!
haha I love how many different places you've worn tiaras. And yes, we're very blessed to have good young-looking genes!
Post a Comment