![]() |
| "They accept the audience's applause." |
When I posted this photo on Instagram, my cousin Emily said "If it's not written in the script, do you reject the applause???"
I had the same thought, which is why I started giggling. My friend Kenn asked me what was so funny, so I pointed out the direction and said, "I accept your applause." Then HE started giggling, sang the end of the song, and we both said together, "I accept your applause" at which point a few people turned around to see what was going on. We were supposed to be listening to the people reading, so we were being very rude, but we couldn't get over how funny that direction was.
So, just know that the next time I get any applause, I will curtsey or bow or whatever the director deems appropriate, but in my head I will be thinking "I accept your applause." Because, apparently, if I don't formally accept it, it will be the same as rejecting it, and I really do appreciate the gesture!

No comments:
Post a Comment