Monday, September 22
Memes that make me giggle: A cow's opinion
You'd be surprised how often I think this about people I don't agree with.
They're all just "moo."
Today is the 20th anniversary of the day the Friends pilot first aired. Even now, it's one of my favorite shows. I find ways to insert quotes into my daily life, and I maintain that I learned my brilliant comedic timing from Matthew Perry's Chandler. In college, I had a major conflict with some roommates who didn't approve of the show and wouldn't let me watch it in our apartment. During my first job, I bonded with another girl over our love for it. I was very upset with my mom for not keeping me posted on character developments while I was on my mission -- she promised to tell me if Monica and Chandler got engaged or married (which they did). Friends was weirdly important for me during my young adult years. Watching those fictional characters make mistakes as they tried to figure out their lives gave me permission to not know what I was doing, too. Like them, my life did not go according to plan, but it somehow turned out okay. I needed that validation back then. I still do, sometimes.
Happy birthday, Friends. Thanks for being there for me "when the rain starts to pour." Still hoping to find my own lobster!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment