Monday, November 3

Important things I learned yesterday

My mom's and my older brother's favorite candy bar is the Almond Joy. The G-unit also likes Almond Joys... without the almonds. We informed him that means he likes Mounds. However, since we had no Mounds available last night, G ate about 8 fun-sized Almond Joys and spat out the almonds. Too funny!

Speaking of funny, Breezy spent quite a few minutes making baby PJ laugh. She had found a balloon from somewhere and would blow it up (as much as a 5 year-old can) until it naturally spat out of her mouth and across the kitchen table. PJ could not get enough. He laughed and laughed and laughed! And of course that made Breezy laugh and do it over and over again. And of course that meant all the adults in the room had to video tape it. Adorable to watch the two cousins bond.

Meanwhile, Zonks very seriously drew a photo of the world (including Arizona and Hawaii), space, and planet "Lurb." I thought she made Lurb up until I mentioned it to Lindsey and she said it was on some kid's television show. I tried looking it up and have no idea which show it's from. Any ideas?
My favorite part of the picture was where she drew a box to represent my neighborhood, with a dot for my house, a dot for my friend's house, and a stream flowing beneath it. It looked a lot like this:

(except that it was square and drawn in purple)
This time I managed not to laugh at her, but I sure wanted to! I don't think she noticed that she had drawn a face.

Lastly, my nieces and I made the very important discovery that I have magic. Specifically: I can magically stick flat buttons to my forehead and they stay (unless I wrinkle my forehead or move too quickly). The girls rightly thought this hilarious. For the next five minutes -- until it was time to go home -- they pulled various sized and shaped buttons from Grammy's button box and tried to stick them to my oily forehead (fine, it wasn't magic, but they didn't need to know that). They were delighted and so was I.

What have you learned about your family members lately?


1 comment:

Most Happy Girl said...

Almond Joys are also milk chocolate, whilst Mounds have dark chocolate. To alleviate this injustice, we have discovered this: http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Avenue-Chocolates-CHOCOLATE-COCONUT/dp/B00C7UR6YY, which you can usually purchase at Costco for cheaper than Amazon -- who knew?