Monday, April 13

"What would we do, baby, without us?"

I finished watching all seven seasons of Family Ties on Netflix (yes, really) and enjoyed the whole thing. Well, it got a bit preachy a little too often, but that didn't kill the charm. I'm kind in love with Steven Keaton. I want to be as gorgeous and self-assured as Elyse. I see why Michael J. Fox was the breakout star (totes deserved it). The 1980s teenager fashion made me giggle -- wow, were Mallory and Jennifer covered up, and the big hair made them look much older than they were. Andy was adorable. 

But, my favorite thing was the guest stars: Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Courtney Cox, Timothy busfield, Peter Scolari, Crispin Glover, Dan Hedaya, Billy Campbell, Judith Light... it's like a who's who of Before They Were Famous.

Loved it!

In one of the final episodes, Alex asks what the meaning of life is, and Mallory shocks everyone with her insightful answer. I like her definition so much that I wrote it on my white-board calendar.
  1. Be happy.
  2. Try not to hurt other people.
  3. Hope that you fall in love.
So long, Keaton family. It was fun to watch you all grow up and share in your adventures.

On to the next!

No comments: