Tuesday, August 25

Transformation Tuesday: The difference in 20 lbs.

Guess who has lost 20 pounds in the last year?*

Me! It's me!! I did! I'm now in the best shape I've been in during my thirties! I can wear clothing I haven't worn in years!
July 3, 2014
August 15, 2015
I've completed the Personal Trainer Food diet four times in just over the last year. I haven't been consistent, so I've gained a little between each cycle. Happily, during the next cycle I have always lost more than I gained. I think it helps that I've discovered that I like yoga and pilates, and I exercise as much as I can. I've also learned (during a ridiculous amount of lunches and dinners out this last cycle) that a lot of salads at restaurants are delicious... though I've made notes of some places I want to return to for their sandwiches, pizza, and pasta ;)

It always surprises me that losing weight doesn't mean I'm automatically toned -- that's the next hoped-for goal. Now to not undo all my hard work, but also find a balance in diet so that I'm not totally afraid of food. I want to eat cake on my birthday. I want one more cone of Nielsen's frozen custard before the summer is over. I want to participate in the pancake breakfast my director is planning for a Saturday rehearsal in a few weeks. I may not have as much time to exercise as I'd like in the coming weeks, but I can eat responsibly most of the time in the meantime.

Now to buy new jeans again.

There are worse problems :)
August 28, 2015

*I feel awkward talking about diet, weight, and weight loss. I am aware that I am not fat and was not even when I was 20 pounds heavier. I was considered technically "obese" several years ago, but even then I know I've never been large. There are quite a few friends who I feel like a heal talking about my weight loss journey around. If, in talking about my own efforts, you feel that I am judging you, I apologize. That has never, EVER been my intent. I just know my family history and that my genetics tend to the heavy side the more I age. I'm still in the dating game, and I still want to be considered for certain roles in theater, so I'm doing what I can while I have the free time and money. Plus, I've never been one for diet and exercise, so I'm curious to find out how good of shape I can get myself into.

1 comment:

Most Happy Girl said...

Congratulations! You look fabulous. And while you are toning, don't let it freak you out if the scale goes up a little bit. Toned muscle is denser than muscle marbled with fat, so if you compare mass, it weighs more. :) But I can guarantee that you feel better overall when you exercise regularly. I don't enjoy exercising, but I really enjoy how it makes me feel. :D