Sunday, September 6

Count not the minutes but the moments

I think I've mentioned before that my mother is an artistic genius. She's legendary among our extended family for her painting, sewing, and quilting prowess. I'm certain there is nothing she cannot create with her hands.

I... choose to spend my time in other ways, most of the time.

This year, since I missed spending Mother's Day with her, I took a day off from work to paint a clock with her, her sisters, my sisters-in-law, and several of my cousins. I managed to get a lot done that day, and was happy to learn that my painting skills might not completely embarrass Mom.

After three more extended painting sessions, I finally finished painting my clock in early September. Mom insisted I do all of the painting myself because "our styles are so different." Three cheers for my her, who shared endless patience and guidance, glazed and put the pieces together, and asked my dad to install the clock mechanism. It turned out pretty cute!


I'm glad I took the time to do it. I'm grateful that she is so proud of me :) I adore my mom.

No comments: