Monday, April 19
1st Day
Started my new, full-time job today! It went pretty well, especially since I didn't allow myself to have any expectations starting out! My manager introduced me around and helped me get situated. I have a cubicle with a window! The view is of the roof, but it's still enough to see that it's sunny outside :) I spent most of the day setting up my computer, and will continue to do the same tomorrow. They'll give me a few weeks to get to know the software and the company before they start giving me stuff to write about. Apparently they have a lot for me to do! Everyone was glad to have me there and they are excited for the documentation. I was surprised and a little disappointed to learn that I'm the only technical writer working out of that office; the others are located around the globe -- back East, London, Canada, India, etc. Still, the people in the office are friendly and it's a nice location. I'm right next to my favorite shopping center! I took a walk during lunch and I loved it. My manager joked at the end of the day that he'd see me tomorrow unless they'd scared me away. I smiled and shook my head. Of course I'll be back! I'm excited to see what happens! Everything's new, but I have plenty to do. It's lovely to be useful and wanted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you're off to a great start!! It's amazing how much better you fell when you feel useful and wanted!
Post a Comment