Monday, April 19

Cool with Being Uncool

Every time I walk into the store Hot Topic, I remember that I'm not a teenager anymore. I am so very uncool in my bland, grown-up, I-work-a-desk-job clothes. I ignore the awful music, buy one or two of the less wacky things in the store, and chat with the workers who dress all intimidating and trendy but are so nice. Then I leave the store and wear the clothes I bought in a preppy way that would probably make the original designers cringe. But I like to think the cute clothes I bought at the trendy Hot Topic make me a little more edgy and I forget for awhile that I'm not even in my twenties anymore. I'm not old... I'm just not a teenager anymore.

I no longer need to be cool or to fit in.

Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

How very true :)

Love and miss you, Megs!

Hatt family said...

This post made me smile. It reminded me of the song on Gigi, that says I'm so glad that I'm not young anymore... except we ARE still young! :) (Just not teens and twenties young!)