Work today was fairly normal. Did some work, struggled to stay awake during meetings, avoided work, ate a lot of food, and did some more work before calling it a day.
I decided to get some food at the adjacent mall so I could just hang out for an hour before heading to rehearsal, rather than driving home to be there for just half an hour. That's when weird stuff started happening.
Weird occurrence #1: As I was leaving the food court, there was a woman pushing a stroller in front of me. I ran up before she could get to the door and offered to hold it open for her. As she stepped through the door, I realized she was my Visiting Teacher from a congregation I was in four years and four wards ago! We chatted for a few minutes while I walked her towards her car. It was nice to catch up and see how happy she is with her cute little boy and her husband. Singles Wards do work, folks!
Weird occurrence #2: While driving to rehearsal, this police car zoomed past me in the HOV lane on the freeway. Then, it decided to start weaving back and forth in front of all of the lanes, quickly causing a huge traffic jam that lasted for about three minutes. We inched forward together, confused because since he was weaving around we couldn't tell if we were supposed to be merging into a particular lane, or if there had been an accident or what. And I will never know, because as suddenly as it began the jam cleared up and we were all free to go the normal speed limit unhindered.
Weird occurrence #3: After rehearsal, I noticed I was driving behind one of my cast members. On a normal day, it's not a big deal or even surprising since he lives near me. Today, as we were plodding along, all of a sudden a police car merged in between the two of us, and then the lights went on and he pulled my co-cast member over! What the--? He didn't seem to be speeding and his lights were on, so I'm going to have to ask tomorrow what it was all about.
Actually, that's not the first time I've been right behind one of my friends when he was pulled over. But it was still weird.
Also not weird: My DVR randomly decided not to record Glee tonight, even though it's set up to record every new episode and there was nothing hindering it, like two other recordings at the same time. At least it got the Dancing With the Stars finale this time! Thank goodness for Hulu. I want my Gaga/Glee fix!
WEIRD!!
2 comments:
Oh, I LOVE Dancing With the Stars! Wahoo! I'm already in withdrawls that it's over. Glee is so great, too, with its amazing musical numbers. Broadway on TV!
Yeah, you definitely had some weird occurances happen. But, hey, at least YOU'RE not weird! In fact, you're rather charming and sweet! :)
Hmmm...very interesting...
Post a Comment