Wednesday, November 7

Star Wars and Disney

At this point, it's no secret that Disney purchased Lucasfilm from George Lucas, and are planning to release a new Star Wars film in 2015.

Yaaaaay! As a teenager I read a lot of Star Wars books and I'm so excited to see what they do! I do hope they don't try to continue the Luke/Leia/Han story, and focus on events later in the future. They wrapped up the second set of movies so nicely, why mess that up? Plus, I'm a little nervous about other actors trying to take on those iconic roles.

Actually, this video gave me hope. Sure, it's from an interview in 1983, but it's nice to know that later movies were always an option!

(Also, I love that when this interview was broadcast, no one had seen Return of the Jedi, yet. It was fun to watch the clips and pretend I was seeing them for the first time. Now I want to watch it again.)

I'll stop worrying until we actually get news about story, casting, etc. This is all new!

I WILL say that I'm annoyed that everyone keeps referring to Princess Leia now as a Disney princess. Princess Leia is what Disney princesses WISH they were... and I say that even as a big fan of the Disney princesses. Leia was fighting for a bigger cause than her own personal dream. She was rescued a few times, but did her share of rescuing, too. She fought her own battles. And in the end, she DIDN'T end up with a prince.
Okay, I admit this made me smile.
Wish I knew who the artist is.
I know, I'm taking this too seriously. I can't explain exactly why this rubs me the wrong way. It just does.

That being said, this video is hilarious.

"I kissed my brother."
"Ew, you ho!"

Haha! No princess's life is perfect, I guess!

1 comment:

Most Happy Girl said...

Ha ha ha! I just posted this to my blog, too! Great minds...