First of all, I posted a bunch more photos of Kristen's and Nichole's weddings on my post
Bouquets=a billion. Megan=0. I had planned to post them here, but there were quite a few and it made this post crazy long; they made more sense in the other post ;)
Meanwhile, October was fun! Pockets of really cool stuff mixed with some much-needed down time. For example, in between
LDS General Conference sessions on Saturday, I met up with
Sharon at Kneaders and bought these delicious cookies:
 |
| Spiritual and physical fulfillment? Sounds like a good day, to me! It was pretty indicative of the rest of the month. |
 |
Check out this awesome t-shirt that Kristen surprised me with as a belated birthday gift. I love it when my birthday lasts a little bit longer, don't you? This t-shirt has the 4th Doctor from Doctor Who and also Harry Potter on it. It totally rocks!
|
 |
| Nichole's bachelorette party: a low-key, happy affair with just a few friends (and ice cream cake). |
 |
| Updated my peg board. It has been quite awhile since the last time! |
 |
Attended my nephew and nieces' Primary program. They all had a line or two and were all very clear. The G-child was in a few small singing groups and was not at all shy about belting into the microphone. He takes it so seriously and worked so hard. The girls didn't sing much, but their bored faces were definitely entertaining. I was very, very proud!
(This photo is to show off what Zonks called my "cowboy tie." She has a point.) |
 |
| Another quick trip to the Utah Shakespeare Festival to see The Marvelous Wonderettes and Richard II. I LOVED Wonderettes. I laughed through the whole thing, and cried more than I care to admit. Sadly, it wiped me out so that I didn't enjoy Richard II as much as I might have otherwise. Oh, well. |
 |
| I have decided to always sit here if I can when attending a play at the Randall L. Jones Theater in Cedar City. Comfy chairs, plenty of leg room, and my own arm rest. Yes please! |
 |
Lovely Marion manned the Gift Shop for the Randall, and took me out to dinner after the matinee.
So good to see her again! |
 |
Playing in the leaves that Grammy raked especially for them.
(Grammy looks a little spooky here, lurking in the shadows to avoid my camera.) |
 |
I had to make Zonks play -- she thought she wanted to watch a movie.
Instead, she had a great time throwing the leaves and of course forgot all about the movie. |
 |
Larissa, Tiffany, Amy and I got to attend all of the "big three" weddings this fall
(Obviously, Larissa attended her own ;) ) |
 |
| I love everything about this photo!! |
 |
Kellie and I as Ruth (Kellie) and Edith (me) at a Pirates of Penzance sing-along.
I need more music and more Kellie in my life! |
 |
| A nine-year difference between photos. I think my baby brother is so handsome! |
 |
Linda Lee Danvers and Pepper Potts at the Superhero-themed Halloween concert by the Utah Symphony.
The costume contest was amazing. I think this has to become one of my holiday traditions! |
 |
| I wore my own old glasses to be the alter-ego to Supergirl (I didn't know until too late that she wears a brunette wig instead of glasses to hide her identity). Carrie didn't notice until intermission that the frames did not hold any lenses :D |
 |
| Halloween was great! Someday I hope to be a part of a cool group costume; meanwhile, this one of my family circa 25 years ago is pretty sweet! |
How was your October? Hope it was busy, happy, and healthy!
Next up: November, snow, Pie Night, Thanksgiving, Holiday time from work, shopping, a few plays, the Nutcracker, and who knows what else? Any ideas for fun things I should do?
Enjoy the last little bit of Autumn. Winter is coming in fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment