Kristen instant messaged me during the afternoon of Halloween and asked what I was dressed up as. Um...well, I worked from home that day, so at that point I was still in my jack-o-lantern pajama pants and "Anybody want a peanut?" t-shirt :P Boy, I love being comfortable and sitting on the couch once in awhile while I work!
Fortunately,
Aaron invited me to join him and Heidi at a couple of Halloween parties. So when I finished working, I went all out! Shower, beaded dress, pink tutu, glitter hairspray (a little pink and a little blue), glitter face goo, sparkly false eyelashes, pink wings, and a tiara later, I was a fairy princess of which I wasn't too ashamed :D
 |
Can you believe I found this dress at Desert Industries? It's covered in sequins and beads. It's the only time I've ever been that lucky there! |
Of course, I wasn't nearly as cute as Aaron and Heidi, perfectly dressed as Prince Phillip and Briar Rose from
Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Those two are so much fun; I like that they're both willing to go all out.
 |
| We Smyths have nice legs ;D |
We went to two parties, and I had a great time. Their friends are cool! I couldn't resist a photo with Heidi's friend Erica dressed as an eyeball (a costume she made herself).
 |
| The hat and gloves KILL me! Such a perfect, weird, macabre touch! |
We saw quite a few trick-or-treaters, decorated cookies, Aaron and Heidi went through a homemade haunted house on someone's lawn (I don't do haunted houses), ate delicious and creative treats, and talked and laughed ourselves silly.
I'm awfully glad I didn't decide to stay home, watch movies, and eat candy (since I've never had a single trick-or-treater). Thanks for a memorable night, Heidi and Aaron! Can't wait to play again with you soon!
What did you do for Halloween? Did you dress up? What were some of the best costumes you saw?
No comments:
Post a Comment