Monday, March 3

Fleeting February

I mentioned before that February was going to be crazy busy, and it was! I only had a few rehearsal-less, non-sick days to spend with friends, as evidenced by the fact I only have four photos to share:

Dinner at Cantina with Steph J and Amy

This place has an amazing salsa bar. Try the mango -- it's delicious!!

Valentine's Day

This photo is a throwback to my trip to Philadelphia -- good times :)

Kate's baby shower

She has accumulated a lot of terrific friends, especially the also-photoed Jenna.
It was so fun to celebrate my besty's impending motherhood!

A Man for All Seasons with Carrie at CenterPoint Legacy Theatre

Carrie was only in town for a week, and I felt lucky she and I
had the same evening free and she wanted to see this play, too.
(Pictured with our friends Jason and Todd)

Since most of the month was consumed by The Sound of Music rehearsals, it seems only fitting they comandeer the bulk of this post, too ;) 

It opens today -- get your tickets ASAP
(I'm in the Tues/Thurs/Sat cast, but they are both well worth your time.)
"Let's start at the very beginning..."
They accept your applause!
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain Finale"
(taken of the cast I'm not in)
Lunch during our one all-day tech Saturday. We ran the entire show twice!
(I'm sitting next to my double.)
"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes..."
The Captain joins in as the children sing "The Sound of Music."
"You are sixteen, going on seventeen, waiting for life to start..."
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain"
(Sung by Maria's real-life mom as Mother Abbess. So, so good.)
First dress rehearsal with my Little Women sister, Summer, who plays Leisl in my cast!
(Don't I look different without my hair?)
Sisters, bridesmaids, friends
We nuns have a great time together!
The eldest and the youngest

My double, Christine, after her cast's final dress rehearsal/ preview night. 

The show is ready to go, and it's beautiful!

Funny enough, I have more free time now (well, as of tonight) that the show is open. Looking forward to the first glimpses of spring, sleeping in on the weekends, catching up with neglected/AWOL friends, and a lot of applause (I hope) in March!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the show! xoxoxox