Monday, July 7

June was bustin' out all oooo-ver!

May was overshadowed by one big, gigantic, wonderful trip. June was dotted with many lovely activities and time spent with the people who matter the most. As always, I wish I'd taken more photos. I'm figuring out what people do when they aren't in a show during the summer ;)
My big brother celebrated another birthday, and requested Mom's famous cherry pie in lieu of cake.
Can't say I blame him. There's a reason why that pie is famous.
And this kid turned 10!
It's so rare to get an actual smile with Zonks.
Too bad, she has a pretty smile!




Broadway Live! at the Brigham Young Historic Park with darling date Julie.
(A free outdoor concert featuring some local favorites singing showtunes.)
Such a lovely way to spend a Tuesday evening. I should go to a couple
more before summer's end.
Celebrated Father's Day.
I'm grateful for any excuse to tell this dear man how grateful I am that he is in my corner.
Unexpectedly lost a sweet lady to cancer. She will be missed more than I can say.
Cancer sucks.

Carrie came to visit, so Liz organized a barbecue and we took a selfie ('cause that's what we do).
Thank goodness for Randall's long arms. This photo ain't half bad!
Whenever she comes home, I feel like she never left!
Muppets Most Wanted at the dollar theater -- and the
first snow cone of the season -- with Janae.
I ate mine with cream and ice cream. I couldn't resist.
In a strange reversal of roles, my dad came to me feeling terrible because he
had just hit my car with a Uhaul while I was parked at his house.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I reacted the way my dad always did
when I told him I'd crashed his car: I hugged him, made sure he was ok,
 and assured him I loved him way more than I love the car.
I laughed when I saw the damage. The bumper was crunched!
Happily, although I'd already caused some damage myself (on the other side of the bumper),
he paid for quite a bit of the repairs, and now Evie Elantra is as good as new again! 
Mom and Heidi's mom threw Aaron and Heidi a Hawaiian-themed open house/reception to celebrate their marriage.
The guest list was small and enthusiastic :)
Anyone who knows Aaron well knows he loves eclairs.
It was a no-brainer to serve them at his reception.

Danny jokingly likens himself to Bob from the movie What About Bob?: trying to take Dave's place in the family. Dave won't be replaced
any time soon, but we are all thrilled whenever Danny
comes around. He is a doll.

My job at the party was to mix up virgin pina coladas.
Blend 4 oz pineapple juice with 4 oz coconut creme and 6 oz ice.
Delicious! 
There are few things Pete can't do well.






It takes a lot to impress baby PJ ;)
The happy and beautiful couple
Like father, like son
(Adam's face is for the benefit of the camera.)
Shilene and I supported Theresa in South Jordan Community Theatre's production of Annie.
I must say, every play I see there is better than the one before, and this lady sparkles on stage!
A mini Sound of Music reunion at CenterPoint's Children of Eden.
I have missed these ladies greatly!

It's a little freaky that one half of 2014 is over. Fortunately, we still have another half to look forward to, and two more months of summer!

Do you have anything fun planned for July?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your life! and your blog... and you!