Thursday, October 2

September tybbling*

Possibly my biggest accomplishment during the month of September was to watch the entire series of Battlestar Galactica before it was no longer available to stream on Netflix on October 1. Kind of a miracle considering I had little time between rehearsals, work, my birthday, and Salt Lake Comic Con. The sacrifice was worth it, though I still cannot believe that one of the characters survived until the end; I now consider myself a BSG fan. "So say we all!"

Labor Day was aptly named, as I spent most of the day cleaning my house. I LOVE bank holidays, especially when I'm in a show -- they're about the only time I have to get my home near the level of cleanliness and organization I prefer. Oh, who are we kidding? There's never enough time!
Clockwise from top left: laundry, paper shredding, swept the fireplace, healthy lunch and an episode of The Wonder Years, my first (and last) foray of the summer to my complex's pool, reading the source material for my show, playing with Victorian hairstyles, a lovely and clean apartment.
My darling home
My trusty humidifier died on Labor Day. It saw me through 7 autumns and winters.
So long, old friend.

I shot this photo on ward temple night. Isn't the Salt Lake Temple gorgeous?


I supported Next Stage Productions' (and my Robin Hood friends') first show: A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was set in 1969 which worked really well, especially in the hands of those talented folks. Wendy and I both loved it.


My siblings gifted me some wonderfully useful items for my birthday. I spent most of one Saturday cooking up meals in my new crock pot. Such a relief not to have to eat out during my last two weeks of rehearsals -- just cook up some chicken curry, stuffed peppers, and taco soup and I'm good to go for awhile. Thank goodness I can freeze these things. I love a little variety!

Spent some time in a recording studio with my female costars for Jekyll and Hyde.


My selfie skill is terrible.
Marcie Jacobsen: "I want you to scratch like a cat when you sing this part."
Done and done!

When the production team told us to plan on all day for our technical rehearsal, I had no idea it would go from 9am to 10:30pm! Fortunately, it didn't feel as long as it could have.
Early on, Holly Jo mentioned there were donuts in the green room. I thought there would be a box of donuts... I was thoroughly unprepared for this table of treats!
We ate most of it, but not all. Self-restraint for the win!
The board fed us pulled beef sandwiches and peach shortcake for lunch. YUMMMMMMMM!
Each cast ran through the show in the afternoon/evening.
Pizza for dinner!

Inevitably, we finished and published our latest software release at work during the final week of rehearsals (when I didn't get home until after midnight each night). Without fail, the releases always work out to be at the least convenient time for me. C'est la vie. The release went well. But, by Wednesday, this was the only expression I could muster at work:
Too tired to care if I look angry.

Sylinda and I briefly stopped by the new aquarium last weekend. It was crazy-crowded, either due to the rain and cold outside or it being Saturday afternoon or both, so we bailed in favor of going out for lunch instead. Barbecue on a rainy day is always welcome!
G'day, Bruce!

Cast members were allowed to invite a few people to see our final dress rehearsal. We stopped the show twice, but it felt really good over all. I am soooooooooooo ready to open!
Pre-show hair. The goal is to get it as big as possible.
Did I succeed?
Thank you, Drew, Luke, Nichole, and Larissa for coming!

The bulk of October will be filled with Jekyll and Hyde performances. CenterPoint Legacy Theater keeps saying they anticipate adding performances, so as of this moment I'm considering my Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday nights as booked through November 1. I have no idea if I'll have time to celebrate Halloween; I plan to decorate anyway. Guess we'll find out soon enough what other mischief I may get in to ;)

Do you have any Halloween traditions apart from jack-o-lantern carving and dressing up (yourself or your kids)? I'm not a fan of haunted houses, but is there anything else you consider a must do?

Enjoy October! Autumn is truly upon us now!

*Tybble: to babble through the written word, such as an e-mail or blog post.

3 comments:

Karl Rosengren said...

Where did you do the studio recording? At least from the limited view from the photos it looks a lot like a place a friend of mine used to be. It was near downtown Salt Lake on 300 E at Metropolis Post, but it may be called something different now. He hasn't been there for several years but it looks like it could be the same place. Just curious.

Karl

Anonymous said...

sheesh, fun catching up on your life! sorry I am so slow.

Miss Megan said...

Karl, we did the recording at a place in Centerville. How cool would it have been if it were the same place?