Noises Off: A Play in Three Acts by Michael FraynMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love this play. I think it is clever and funny and the characters (of the actors and the roles they play) are lovable and well-crafted. It isn't hard to keep track of who is who. The second act, where split into what's going on backstage versus onstage, is hilarious. My only complaint is that I feel totally stressed out while watching and reading it -- and it never lets up! The ending is funny but it doesn't really give closure. I prefer the ending in the film where at least you see what everyone is going to be okay when it's all over. Ah, well. It isn't meant to be a deep, thinking piece (if it is, it fails). Pure fun and silliness.
View all my reviews
Ever since I was in high school, I have wanted to play a role in this play, and now I get to! I'm going to be Poppy (the stage manager) for the Midvale Arts Council! February 27 through March 7, except Saturday. The cast is wonderful, and I get to work with some of my very favorite people. I'm so excited!
Put us on your calendar now!
No comments:
Post a Comment