Friday, February 6

Jazzy January

The new year started off quite nicely. Enough Noises Off! rehearsals to keep me busy, and enough free time to hang out with friends and relax. Oh, and Salt Lake Comic Con Fan Xperience. Plus, I'm off to a good start with my goals. However, I'm disappointed we've had hardly a hint of snow. I suppose I should enjoy the spring-ish weather more but it doesn't feel particularly like winter.

New Year's Day

I ate lunch with my family, and then spent the afternoon and evening with Kate and Brandon. We watched The Man Who Knew too Much and The Man Who Knew too Little (two very different and satisfying films!), played with their baby, and decorated and ate sugar cookies with mustaches on them.

It felt a little reckless to spend $13 on a pair of sunglasses

I tend to either lose them quickly or scratch them up (in which case I never lose them). However, I adore this pair and decided to treat myself. It's been a whole month, and nothing yet has happened to them. Phew!


Hello, meals for the rest of the month

Thanks for saving me from having to cook during the first month of rehearsals!

Traditional Kiss Me Katians' brunch at Jeremiah's in Ogden

My pancakes and syrup were the last carbs and sugar I'd eat for 32 days! Perfect last meal.

Since I was already in Ogden, I swung by the Ogden Temple

Such a lovely building in a neat part of town. Hope to do a session there sometime this year!


One of my co-workers informed me that the ice machine was broken

...but when I walked past I saw what he was too tall to see. So, I grabbed a straw and broke up the ice. Short person for the win!

Sometimes I'm sad I don't work in the east coast with these ladies

We have so much in common! (Lesley is my fitbit buddy at work.)
(Sorry the newest e-mail is on the top. I know it's confusing.)

A Saturday afternoon of gabbing, tasty food, clothes-swapping, and beautiful-baby ogling

Girlfriends are the best!

My sister-in-law organized a step challenge

My siblings and Lindsey's family all bought either fitness devices or step counters. The competition was fierce and fun. In a weird turn of events, I won with 359,564 steps!
I am calling it. Megan is the Step Champion for January. Good job, Meg! You can choose to pick the challenge for February or receive a pair of socks picked out by your nieces. Either way, let's have the Feb challenge announced by tomorrow to begin Wednesday. Good job everyone.

And, of course, rehearsals with a group of very talented individuals

I'm excited for the show to really come together now that we've finished blocking!


February will be filled with more rehearsals and opening weekend for my show. Hoping for more lunches with girlfriends, the odd date or two (uh, odd happenstances, not odd men, I've had enough of those for awhile), good food, a lot of snow, and bonding with my cast mates. Looking forward to it!

No comments: