I need to be more grateful.
I also feel jealous of my friends who have things I think I want, judgment when I see others behaving badly, and anger when treated badly.
I know that these feelings are normal from time to time. I don't want to make them a habit. So, I am choosing to look for the grateful. Because, let's be honest, the only one who suffers long-term for my negativity is me. And why make myself suffer any more than I have to? That seems silly.
It is amusing to me that only a few weeks into the new year and this determination, I lost my job. This is a BIG TEST! I'm not handling it entirely well. I have been crabby a lot in the last three weeks. But I am aware of the Pros along with the Cons, and one of the big Pros is that my friends have been coming out of the woodwork to help in whatever way they can.
![]() |
| Samoa cupcakes: chocolate with chocolate ganache and caramel/coconut mixture on top |
Food, phone calls, text messages, job options, quality time, hugs, prayers, willingness to talk about something other than losing my job, books to keep me from getting bored, advice NOT to start looking right away if I don't feel like it, and so many other sweet gestures. How can I feel ungrateful when I have so much?
This gratitude thing will be a challenge. Life is going to happen and it will sometimes suck. Hopefully, losing my job will be the worst thing that happens to me this year. At least I have a good support system and a tiny bit of money saved if I need it.
Or, maybe gratitude will become a habit and it won't be a challenge after a while. Maybe it will be easy sooner than I think.
Let's find out, shall we?



No comments:
Post a Comment