Wednesday, November 5

The Goose is Getting Fat


Last night as I was driving to rehearsal, it started to snow! Well, it was sleet. I would have been more excited except, well, I was late and I wanted to speed, but that's never a good idea when you cannot see the lines in the road and the road is all slickery anyway. And so to the driving conditions I say "boo on you". No, not just "boo". The conditions deserve a "FIE! FIE ON THE ROADS!!" To the snow itself I say "woo-hoo and welcome!"

So, now we've established that yesterday was dark and rainy and booey. So I was way super, hyper, crazy excited to see the lovely, fluffy snowclouds today! Rainclouds are dark, but snowclouds are beautiful and light!! Love them! Love the snow! Love that there was so much extra sunlight because the sun was reflecting off the snow on the ground and then again on the clouds above. Hooray for beautiful snowy days and an excuse to wear scarves every day this week!

Meanwhile, back to last night driving to rehearsal: I decided that I was bored with a David Archuletta song on Radio Disney, and as I flipped through my pre-programmed channels, I found one playing Christmas music. What the --? On November 4th? Is Christmas really coming that soon? Yes. Yes it is. Needless to say, I chose to sing Christmas songs on the way to and home from rehearsal. There is just something so wonderful and positive about Christmas music, and it just felt good to sing the words to familiar songs like "Winter Wonderland" and "Joy to the World"!

Christmas is coming!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I was singing "the goose is getting fat...please put a penny in the old man's hat" this morning! How funny is that?!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! We've gotten snow here, but it was a few weeks ago, and didn't stick around for more than a day. I, too, love the snow! Hooray for winter!