Kate tagged me over a week ago to list 7 things that I love. Sorry it took so long, my friend! I may be a little lazy, but I usually get around to these things.
1. Sunday evening at my mom's house. I really, really look forward to Sunday evenings. I love hanging out with the family, watching the previous week's DWTS with Lindsey, helping prepare dinner if I arrive early enough, watching Gunner's parents try to get him to eat in spite of all the fun stuff to play with at Grammy's house, eating a home-cooked and delicious meal AND dessert, watching Desperate Housewives and chatting with Mom. Sunday evenings are warm, comfortable, and peaceful. I don't know what I'd do without them.
2. People to play with. As much as I enjoy living alone, I am thrilled that I have so many friends I can call up to hang out or just talk to. My friends are all so different from each other, and all have talents and strengths I admire. It's fun to play with them!
3. British accents. So, I'm kind of obsessed with the British, and I think it starts with the various accents. I love speaking with a British accent myself and hearing others speak in a British accent. There are so many dialects! I love that British accents usually means we're all dressed up in period clothing, or watching some hilarious comedy, or swooning over romantic Austen-esque figures. Most of my movie-star crushes are British. British accents are just so dashing!
4. A body that works. I love that I have this healthy body that allows me to run, and dance, and work, and sleep, and eat. Thus far, I haven't been plagued with any type of chronic illness, and I feel very blessed. I can do so many things that I want to do, and any limitations are my own doing. I'm sure could be a much better dancer if I just worked at it.
5. Butterfingers. My new candy obsession is the Butterfinger. It's crunchy, it's peanut-buttery, it's wonderful. I have two more snack size from the bag I bought for trick-or-treaters (I didn't get any treaters, so I had to eat them myself). Maybe when they're gone I can quit cold-turkey? If not, I'll have to start buying full-sized ones...
6. I can work and support myself. Growing up, I really wanted to avoid working for a living. However, I am proud to know that I can do this. I don't have to rely on someone else to take care of me. I like my job; it covers my cost of living and allows me to grow and continue to learn. How lucky I am that I live now and not during Jane Austen's time when an unmarried woman didn't necessarily have that option.
7. Stories. Movies, television, live theatre, music, books, scrapbooks, memories, conversation -- I love a good story in any form. I love getting to know people through their stories. I love getting to know myself as I dissect my reactions and emotions about a story. I love performing and sharing stories with others. I remember people's names so much easier when I know a story about them too. It really is the quickest and best way to form friendships.
No comments:
Post a Comment