Wednesday, December 24

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve is a much-anticipated event for the Smyth clan, mostly because we love celebrating with the Craven clan -- my mother's brother's family. My Aunt Elaine prepares clam chowder, salad, homemade bread and plenty of candy, we act out the Nativity story (never mind that all the kids are now in their 20s and 30s -- we still dress up!), we have a little talent show, and then us "kids" watch t.v. Christmas specials while the parents of kids do... actually, I don't know what they do. Chat? Maybe I'll ask this year.

Our two favorite programs are "Garfield's Christmas Special" and "Wil Vinton's Claymation Christmas Special." They are funny! And since we've been watching them for 20-plus years, we often quote the best lines right along with the animated characters. I'm looking forward to it!

Claymation We Three Kings



The California Raisins sing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer



I hope that you enjoy the holidays and are surrounded by loved ones. I am very thankful for the Savior that we celebrate on this holy night, for His teachings and His Atonement, and that because of Him I can be sealed to my darling family for eternity.

Happy Christmas!

No comments: