Friday, March 11

How Many Steps to Kevin Bacon?

Today, I discovered that Daniel Radcliffe's costar in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Rose Hemingway, toured in Mama Mia! -- and is now married to -- a local boy named Geoffrey Hemingway. Geoff and I did two community plays together back in the day, which means

I AM ONLY THREE STEPS AWAY FROM DANIEL RADCLIFFE!

Um, can I tell you how excited I am about this? I realize that being this excited makes me a really, really big dork, but I am! My love for Harry Potter and Harry Potter-related minutia knows no bounds.

And my love for The 10th Kingdom makes me giddy that I am also only three steps from John Larroquette, who has one of my favorite cinematic conversations EVER.

While I was at it, I decided to see how many steps I am from Kevin Bacon. This was spurred by learning that my new coworker was actually in Footloose and is in fact one of the dancing feet in the opening credits. Well, I've never done anything with Kevin Bacon, but I when I was an extra on Touched By An Angel, Ross Malinger was one of the guest stars. Ross starred with Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle, and Tom and Kevin Bacon starred in Apollo 13.

You know what this means? If you've done a show with me, you're at most four steps away from Daniel Radcliffe, John Larroquette, and Kevin Bacon (and at most three steps from Tom Hanks).

Does anyone else think that's as crazy-awesome as I do? I sure ain't famous, but it's kinda fun to pretend!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm only 2 steps from Kevin Bacon. I worked for Suzy Toronto in Florida, who was on the hair and makeup crew for Footloose. She did Kevin Bacon's hair! :)

Hatt family said...

I'm very impressed!! That's SO exciting!! :) It's a small world after all, huh? :)