Please have mercy on me. Sometimes I am just as clueless as a teenage boy when it comes to flirting and recognizing signals. Have patience. I am trying.
| This works both ways!!! |
Don't give up on women and dating and marriage altogether! Don't waste your time on the woman who said "No." She might be a fool or simply have had good intentions. If there's one thing I've learned in my 17 years of dating, it's that there is someone for everyone. Really. Keep hoping.
Dear maneating women,
Stop breaking good guys! If you're not interested, move on as soon as possible and give other girls a chance.
Dear handsome jerks*,
Do not rely on your good looks alone. Finding a "decent" girl takes effort and kindness. No matter how hot you are, arrogance and entitlement will wreck your chances every time.
Dear Home Owners Association,
Please schedule the 2011 (yes, "2011" -- not a typo!) meeting already! If you're going to charge me a bunch of money because of all of the setbacks from the last two years, I'd rather know sooner than later so I can move on and start making other financial plans.
Dear television shows and movies that feature dancing,
Some of us, including me, actually want to see the choreography. Kindly knock off the 3-second shots and shaky cam. Also, it's helpful to be able to see the feet (especially for tap) or entire body (pretty much all instances) of the performer. Those choreographers and dancers work hard, and I would like to be able to appreciate that work. Otherwise, what's the point of filming a dance?!!!
Dear NPR,
Thank you for keeping me apprised of world/political/cultural goings-on! It's nice not to feel completely clueless anymore.
Dear rehearsals,
I wait for you ALL DAY LONG and you never disappoint! I didn't think it was possible to bond with a cast so quickly, or love convoluted dialogue so much. I am a little embarrassed that I can't articulate how very happy you make me. Bless you, and keep it up!
Dear people who post photos of food on blogs or Facebook,
I can't decide if I love or hate you. On the one hand, it looks amazing. On the other hand, now I'm hungry!!
Dear chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles,
You are so mean. By some miracle, I have been able to resist you four times in the last three weeks. You already know you are my favorite; I promise that no other treat is even close to satisfactorily replacing you. Leave me alone for awhile!
Dear coworkers,
Yes, there is a new wall next to my cubicle. Things like that happen when the office is remodeled. No, I don't want to chat about it every single time there is a change: "Ooh! It's been framed!" "Ooh! It's been drywalled!" "Ooh! It's been puttied!" Thanks, time-wasting Captain Obvious.
Dear every pair of jeans I own,
Why are you all too short?!! I washed you before I hemmed you and you STILL shrunk?! Not cool, jeans. Not cool. Someday I would actually like to look stylish >:(
Dear blogging friends,
POST SOMETHING SOON! I love hearing from you.
Dear reading friends,
Thanks for putting up with my random thoughts, events, and ranting!
You are the BEST!!
Sincerely,
Miss Megan
*Not all handsome men are jerks. Thank goodness.
Also, the term "handsome" is relative. As I said, there is someone for everyone if you don't give up!
3 comments:
Many truths spoken in this blogpost. I've got a new (old? you'll see what I mean) blog series coming. Starting tomorrow, actually. Anyway, I'll try not to put too many food pics up :) Love you!
No, YOU are the best. (AMEN on all counts, BTW...)
A chocolate sprinkle donut, huh? Well it sounds like we will have to jaunt to MY favorite donut place the next saturday morning we're both free--or I may pull myself out of bed too freaking early on a Saturday before rehearsal just because I love you THAT MUCH. Yup, it's true. I love you. Deal with it. :)
:) You are too funny, and I agree with Miss Kristen, you are also the best!
Post a Comment