In my latest show, The Marvelous Wonderettes (playing July 13-21 at Midvale Park -- be there!) we sing a lot of great songs from the 1950s and '60s. I've been listening to and a fan of most of these songs my entire life, since this is the music my parents played on road trips and weeks in Lake Powell.
And some of the songs are so popular and awesome they've been used in movie soundtracks for more contemporary movies. I admit, that when we sing through the following songs, I think of these classic movie scenes, and not the original recording (click the link to hear the original):
"You Don't Own Me" in First Wives Club
For the record, my character is Bette Midler in this video... and Kristen, yours is Diane Keaton.
"Teacher's Pet" (at 18 seconds) in Waiting for Guffman
"Stupid Cupid" in The Princess Diaries
No comments:
Post a Comment