Thursday, April 11

Cheap and hungry

I have learned that it is difficult to save money and eat healthily at the same time.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

But purchasing healthy foods -- either at a restaurant or from the grocery store to prepare for myself -- is expensive! My wallet is not happy with me.

It's frustrating, but I'm making do the best I can.

Any suggestions? Healthy recipes you're fond of? Good deals you know about? Can you relate at all?

1 comment:

one crazy girl said...

I've noticed that for 10 years. I think it's a conspiracy between junk food makers and Satan to keep us all enslaved to over-sweet, not healthy for you food. It's also one of the reasons that poor kids are less healthy than kids from middle- and higher-end-class families. Junk food is cheaper, but it sure isn't better for you. It's also really hard when you are mainly feeding only one person. Fresh produce doesn't hang around for two weeks while you make your way through it.

When you can, buy in bulk and freeze (use the freezer-safe baggies -- they are great). This works great with meats. Label what the food is and the date purchased so that you can rotate them properly.