Noises Off opened and closed within eight days. We had wonderful audiences who laughed generously and gasped at surprises. The madcap show was a bear to rehearse and a blast to perform. I loved these folks and my little role in the play. It had been awhile since I had last flexed my acting muscles with a speaking role. Felt good to collaborate and play and feel needed again!
I am forever grateful for the opportunity to participate in this play, and to work with such a dedicated and talented group of performers, production team, and stage crew. I'm looking forward to our next project together, whenever and where ever that may be.
I'm also grateful to the many friends and family members who took the time to come and support all of us. Your kindness and confidence make all the stress, work, time, and injuries worth it!
 |
| McKenzie takes a photo from the balcony of Dain and I |
 |
| Pregnancy selfie before Kristen reduced the size of my baby bump |
 |
| I liked watching what I could from backstage before they filled in the windows |
 |
Dain and Scott.
"There's beer in the wardrobe?" |
 |
My direction for Kristen, Chris, McKenzie and Madman was to "look worried."
"Don't panic! Don't panic! |
 |
Nichole and Carrie.
I am forever grateful the sardines were plastic, because sardines are grossssssssss! |
 |
| "It's the Golden Girls!" |
 |
The backstage was a maze, shielding the audience from the goings-on behind each entrance.
It took some getting used to. |
 |
| Helpful directions to navigate the backstage maze |
 |
| "BANG, you're on. BANG, you've said it. BANG, you're off..." |
 |
| Entire cast selfie before our final dress rehearsal/preview night |
 |
| One is truly expecting, and the other only pretending |
 |
| Me and my darling Nichole |
 |
| "No children, no servants. We're absolutely on our own!" |
 |
| Only four of us in the women's dressing room! |
 |
| Producer Stephanie gifted everyone with these fancy jackets |
 |
| Fight call every night. The axe was scary! |
 |
Bird's-eye view of Poppy and Belinda on stage.
"Don't worry, my sweet. He truly didn't hear." |
 |
| I love this shot of me in Act II |
 |
| And this one from Act I |
 |
| "You know how stupid I am about plot..." |
 |
Say good-bye to the Act III sheik/Virgin Mary/pregnant Princess Leia.
(We should note this is the second time Midvale Arts has cast me as a pregnant character.) :) |
 |
| Stage crew member Ethan and his sympathy fake pregnancy. So sweet! |
 |
"Do you take this sheet to be your lawful wedded wife?"
Which one? |
 |
| Night-before closing night cast (and friends) post-show dinner at Leatherby's |
No comments:
Post a Comment