Lindsey and the G-unit dropped Breezy and Zonks off at my house along with a Little Cesars for dinner. Right off the bat, the girls were very interested to know if I owned everything behind "all the doors [in my apartment building], and Breezy ran around to check out my bedroom and such. While he was there, I loaned the G-unit my copy of Racso and the Rats of NIMH because he'd liked the copy of Mrs. Frisby I gave him for Christmas. Then Breezy asked if I got her and Zonks presents, too... I knew I forgot something! Breezy was more than satisfied with the loan of one of my tiaras, but Zonks declined the invitation, requesting we start a movie instead. I let her choose the first - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (which I highly recommend) -- and they watched while I set up the dinner table, and while we ate... and a little after, too.
I got my only cuddle as we watched the second half of the film together on my couch. When it was over, Breezy wanted to choose the movie, and asked that we watch The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea*. We had a small makeover session where I put some glitter on their eyelids and some lipgloss on their mouths.
![]() |
| No eyeshadow, a different tiara than the one she wore for dinner, and pink lip gloss |
![]() |
| Lavendar eye shadow and purple lipgloss |
Zonks was fairly content to watch the movie, though she moved from location to location, and had some fun with my umbrella. She's such a little lady. She's stylish and blunt and logical and patient and she knows what she likes.
We had time to watch a third movie before their parents came to get them, and the girls picked Mulan 2. For this one, they wanted to dress up like Mulan, so I grabbed long cardigans and scarves and bound them up as well as I could. They thought the long sleeves were funny. I was thrilled they wanted to dress up as the butt-kicking princess! We ate popcorn and peanut-butter M&Ms and chips and salsa. At one point, Breezy asked for a piece of paper and wrote this for me:
![]() |
| "I love you Megin. Pllez hav uanuthur prte." Translation: I love you, Megan. Please have another party. Yeah, like I can say No to that! |
Oh, how I adore those kids!
According to their mom, Zonks and Breezy had glowing reviews for their night with Aunt Megan! That's so nice to hear. I loved having them over. I think that next time I'll take them and their brother on one-on-one dates so they get to do what they want to -- they don't often want to do the same things at the same time. Plus, even though the girls are twins, they shouldn't always have to do everything together. I'm going to get to work on that this summer.
*Fun fact: I mentioned this movie ONCE about a year ago, and she has never forgotten, so it was fun to finally watch with the two of them.






No comments:
Post a Comment