The Seussical callback was really fun. I was thrilled when after my dance audition Stephanie M said "I didn't know you could dance like that! I should have given you harder choreography last year!" Normally, my dancing is the part I'm least confident in, but in spite of sort of crashing into a wall I felt really good about it! (They let me try the dance again...far away from any walls...)
I had written down I'd only take one of two parts -- Gertrude or Mayzie. There were a LOT of wonderfully talented women there, so I wasn't surprised when I wasn't cast in either. I am super-excited for Candice (the Cat in the Hat) and Elisha (Pamela Anderson... I mean Mayzie), and Stephanie M's kids! They are going to have a blast working with our adorable Stephanie J and her pro team. How I love them!
Elisha told me about her part Saturday night, and Kate mentioned later that evening that she'd talked to Stephanie J and someone else was Gertrude. I figured that was that, so I was surprised on Sunday when Steph called and asked if I'd be willing to accept a part as a Bird Girl. I asked for a day to think about it. After debating it with myself all day, Steph and I talked about it, and ultimately I decided it doesn't feel right. It was a really hard choice. Thanks Stephanie for being so understanding. I do look forward to doing another show with you in the future, and more than that I think we need to goof off together sometime! We need to plan another Girl's Night in the near future, I think.
There are a few other plays I might audition for, but I admit I'm sort of drawn to the idea of not doing a play this summer. I don't know what else I'd do, because I haven't not done a show in the summer in at least 10 years. It's oddly freeing. Take a dance class? Start relearning to play the violin? Live at the movie theatre? Sign up to be an extra on evenings and weekends? Hang out at the Gateway and write in my journal? Start working on my book or an additional blog? Play with my nephew and nieces? Learn to bake, knit, and quilt? Read a lot? All of the above?
Who knows?
6 comments:
Megs! You are simply adorable! It was just delightful to see you, watch you dance, and get a chance to chat with you for a few minutes. Whatever you decide to do this summer, know that you are fabulous and very loved!
If you get bored... I know someone who's going to have an adorable baby who'll be happy to have snuggles!
Well, I won't lie. I'm heartbroken that we still haven't been IN a show together. Maybe another time.
Hmmm . . . so many choices. You can come to my house and bake with me anytime! Baking is one of my favorite things to do. Probably because I really like to eat what I make.
For a woman with so many talents, it's amazing you HAVE free time at all! I know you might not be a camping sort-of-girl, but if you're up to a weekend trip, I know a beautiful spot in Flaming Gorge that will steal your heart in milliseconds! Love you Megs!
Or you could just relax for the summer. That was an option not mentioned and you probably could use the break from the amazingly hectic and productive life you lead. Although, knowing you, you will no doubt try and better yourself by doing something great (I wonder if you could get better or more talented though). Either way, I hope it will be a fun summer for you!
Absolutely we'll have to do a show together someday, Candice. I would really like that!
Thanks for the suggestions and support everyone! This week has been so crazy with random goings-on, I'm looking forward to a whole summer of it!
Post a Comment