Wednesday, July 15

Family Photos

Sunday was a big day at the Smyth house. Not only were we celebrating my dad's birthday, but it was the first day my brother Aaron was in town for a week-long visit from D.C., AND Adam and Lindsey brought the twins over for the first time! I hadn't seen the girls in weeks, and Aaron had never met them! Needless to say, there was a lot of cheering and hugs and excited chattering. I had my unexpected reunion with Aaron when he showed up in Sacrament meeting at church a few hours earlier. If I had checked my text messages I would have known he was coming; it was better this way, though. I was thrilled when Adam asked if I wanted to hold one of my nieces. I literally RAN to wash my hands and lather up with antibacterial goo! Those little girls are so gorgeous. My dad couldn't resist a few shots of him with both of his granddaughters in his arms:
Summer, Grandpa, and Zoe

Since it was the first time we'd all been together since Thanksgiving, we probably won't all be together again until next Thanksgiving, and we have new family members, we decided to take some family photos. Here are some of my favorite shots:
G-unit and Zoe (note Zoe's "baby jazz hands")


Being tough (Broadway Style, in my case)

bright-eyed Summer (also showing off "baby jazz hands")


Peter and Jordyn


The whole family

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous family!

Mandee Lue said...

I love these pictures!!! What a darling family you have! Green looks great in photos...I don't know that I knew that before! Loves ya!