Thursday, July 30

Thoughts on a Thursday

Just a few things I've had on my mind that I want to share with the interWeb:

1. I learned on Monday that being afraid that I won't know anyone at Family Home Evening is NOT a good reason not to go. I learned this because that was the main reason I considered staying home. I decided to go, and when I arrived at the church to carpool to the party I knew three of the five people already waiting around. I ended up being one of the last to leave because I had so many people to talk to.

I think this could apply to the rest of my life. I am too afraid of fear. I need to get over that and improve my quality of life! I am cute and fun -- even if I hadn't known anyone there, who wouldn't want to talk with me, right?!

2. Sometimes I get really morbid and start worrying about living by myself. If I died alone in my apartment, how long would it take for someone to find me? Would anyone at work check on me within three days? If I died on a Monday, would anyone in my family notice before Sunday, and even if they did would they come over to physically check if I didn't answer their calls?

This is NOT me begging for more time and attention from anyone. I KNOW this is a silly thing to worry about but still I sometimes wonder. I'm thinking like a little old lady already...except I don't want cats to keep my company...

3. I finally saw Hello Dolly! at HCT last night and it was phenomenal! It's probably one of my top 10 favorite plays I've seen there (and as a long-time season ticket holder I have seen quite a few of their shows). The dancing was great, the characters were great, the costumes were great. Dolly Levi is officially one of my new dream roles. The cast was wonderful, though sadly it turns out I know a lot more people in the other cast. Oh well.

Hi Lizzy! It was fun to see you last night! I'm excited to check our your blog today!

4. I have started watching the t.v. show Mad Men on Comcast's On Demand. They didn't have season 1, so I'll have to rent it later, but I'm five episodes into season 2 and it's awesome! I very much wish women still dressed the way they did then. I love, love, love pretty much everything Joan wears. I may not be as curvy as she, but I think I could rock those form-fitting dresses.


C'est tout!

1 comment:

Hatt family said...

I'm realizing I'm a fearful person too! I'm trying to work on that.It's always fun to find new shows to enjoy! I like the new family photos you've posted.