Thursday, July 30

Names and Blessings

My brother and sister-in-law took their daughters to church for the first time on Sunday! My parents and brothers, Lindsey's parents, and many of the Craven cousins were there to support my brother Adam as he gave his two daughters each a name and a blessing. Five years ago when he blessed his son, G-unit, I took notes to record as much of the blessing I can (my shorthand isn't great), and I determined to do the same for the girls. I did all right, but was glad to hear another lady had also taken notes and one of Adam's friends audio recorded it. I have a copy of my baby blessing, and I really wanted the girls to have theirs, so I'm glad so many people were paying attention!

The little girls were darling in their dresses -- Summer in one that Mom bought and Zoe in one that Lindsey's mom had picked out. After the meeting, the whole family trooped to my parent's house for yummy sandwiches and together time. I do love to be with these people!

Adam and Lindsey asked my dad to take some photos of his granddaughters and he was happy to oblige! The girls were mostly content to have their photos taken, both pulling faces and looking confused at all of the attention and clicking sounds. How happy we are to have these little sweeties in our lives!

Summer


Zoe


Summer and her proud papa


Zoe (the baby whose face you can see) wonders how many more photos Boppa wants to take


Sisters who seem to have the same thing in mind!


A darling little family

2 comments:

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

So sweet!

Hatt family said...

What a cute family!! It's so nice to have family close to share such special times with. The pictures turned out really well!