Friday, November 6

Another Blessing


Jake, Jane, and baby Bowen

My cousin Jane and her husband Jake had their first child in July. Since Jake's whole family is here, they came to Salt Lake for the blessing. I missed the blessing itself because I volunteered to watch my nieces and nephew so that Adam and Lindsey could go. I was happy to do it. Jane introduced Adam and Lindsey and they were there for Jane and Jake's courtship, so I knew how much going to the blessing would mean to them. Plus, more baby and G-unit time for me!

After the blessing we had a little party at my mom's house. Jake's family came, Jane's parents were in town, and a bunch of our Craven cousins came, too. We ate Cafe Rio-type salad, many different kinds of Halloween cookies, and leftover Halloween candy. We talked and held babies and played with the bigger kids. Any day I get to spend time with these people is a good, good day!*

above: Gram and me with Bowen
below: Jesse, Darin, Charlie, Emily, and Jake



above: Bowen with maternal grandmother (my aunt) Stephanie

And, of course, no blog post about my family or cute babies is complete without a photo of my own adorable nieces. They're getting big, but they're still so little!

*If you and I are Facebook friends, you can see a few more photos in the "Fun with Fambly" folder on my Facebook page.

No comments: