I especially love the nativity on the reflecting pool surrounded by floating lights, and the nativity by the Tabernacle where they have a narrator telling the nativity story and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Christmas songs. I even joined in during "The First Noel." Not loud enough to bother anyone, but I still sang. It's just so cool to have baby Jesus in the nativity right across from the north Visitors Center, where you can see the Christus statue in the window. It's a reminder of the birth and death of the Savior, and that He was born so that He could die for us. That is what I really want to celebrate during Christmastime!
We met in a room in the basement of the south Visitor's Center and watched a special showing of Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Yes, it made me emotional. The movie is cheesy as all get-out, but it's still touching at the end. I was distracted about halfway through when I realized the little girl's mom is none other than Tamara Adams, who performs in and directs at HCT all the time. Crazy! Then our group hung out and drank hot chocolate until closing when the Sister missionaries kindly kicked us out of the Visitor's Center.
It was about 10 degrees that night so I was pretty bundled up. Silly me to forget a hat on such a night! Thankfully, my scarf was long enough to wrap around my head.
above: Erin, Jana, and me
below: Erin and me
Erin and I carpooled to Temple Square, and since we didn't know each other very well but were inclined to be friends we talked and learned more about each other. She is darling! It was very nice to have a buddy to share the experience with. Fun to meet up with established friends and meet new ones. It was a good event. I will miss my ward when I finally start going to a new one next month. It's been a good situation for me as I transitioned from my parents' house into my new home and living alone again. I liked going to church and events where I spend time with single people my own age. This particular group is outstanding. I will miss them.
1 comment:
That looks chilly, Megs! But it looks even more like a fabulous time :) LOVE YOU always :)
Post a Comment