Wednesday, December 16

Watch this Show!

Okay, I'm not going to pretend I don't watch a lot of t.v. I mention it a lot, and I post a few too many videos on this blog. But... hmm... what was the "but?" *Shrug* Maybe there wasn't one.

Oh yeah! BUT as much as I talk about t.v. and movies, I don't usually say "You should be watching this show."

That is what I am saying today.

I am convinced that everyone needs to give Phineas and Ferb a try. Yes, it's a Disney channel show, and yes, it's a cartoon. I'll admit, a lot of Disney's live-action shows feature some bad, bad dialogue and over-acting, but for some reason their cartoons targeted to pre-teens and teenagers are quite brilliant. Such as Kim Possible (still one of my all-time favorites), and Phineas and Ferb.

IMDB says "According to creator Dan Povenmire, Phineas and Ferb's humor style is sort of a hybrid between Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants, two shows that he had worked on." I realize that may not exactly be an enticement for some of you (such a description normally would not recommend the show to me). However, my nephew is a fan, and so my family starting watching it with him. My ENTIRE family, even those who aren't fans of cartoons on principle. It's just funny! It's clever! We love the kids inventions, the older sister's crush on her neighbor, the undercover platypus, and pretty much anything that has to do with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the arch-enemy of Perry the Platypus.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz is hilarious! He has an entire song in the Christmas special about how he's apathetic about Christmas so he feels no need to put his diabolical plan into motion... until some Christmas carolers push him too far. Then he pushes the button while uttering the line, "So long Christmas! You are Feliz Navi-dead to me!"

Did I mention that the show is family-friendly? Was that implied in that it's on the Disney Channel?

This show, like Kim Possible, makes me lament that for some reason Disney doesn't put its t.v. shows on DVD. What's the hold up? They could make a fortune with the box sets. If they're afraid kids will stop watching the ever-present re-runs I'm sure they're mistaken. I own several seasons of Friends, but I still watch it when it comes on t.v.

I also love that there is an original song in each episode that somehow fits into the storyline. They are great! As an intro to this show that -- again -- I recommend to give a chance, here are a bunch of my favorite songs. Yes, four is a little much, but they are short and I couldn't pick just one!

Come Back, Perry

Evil Love Song

Squirrels in my Pants

Beach Party Song

No comments: