Wednesday, December 9

Hunt and Peck

I just burned my left hand with some hot water I was using to make hot chocolate, so I'm typing this post exclusively using what my mom calls the hunt-and-peck (H&P) method.

It is very slow, but effective. I used this method for many years before taking my typing class in high school. I learned to type on an actual type writer and that was also a very slow process.

When I can type properly I usually go pretty fast. I keep thinking I should check my WPM (words per minute) but haven't gotten around to it. The last time I took a test was a good 7 years ago, and that time I started on the wrong keys initially, so it wasn't really accurate. I don't even remember what the score was.

The score using H&P would be horribly low.

And now my right hand and arm are sore, so I will continue icing my left and call it a night. Hopefully this won't keep me from being able to work tomorrow... I really, really need to get my work done!

(The hot chocolate was delicious, by the way.)

See you tomorrow!

Update from the next morning: The worst burn isn't too painful anymore, and I can type with two hands again! Hooray!

No comments: