All plays have their share of craziness and struggles, and Earnest is already no exception. The director called me late last week to inform me that due to scheduling problems and politics, the CPT powers that be decided to postpone the play until March 30 to April 28. This way we won't overlap too much with the mainstage shows going on, so we'll have the backstage and technical support we'll need.
The extended schedule isn't really a huge problem for me. This means instead of a two-month commitment, it's four months. I won't get to audition for two other plays I was kind of excited about, but I am MUCH more excited about Earnest anyway. Sadly, I know of at least one cast member who has already had to drop out, and a few others who are on the fence. Noooo! How I hope no one else has to drop! We've only had one rehearsal so far, but I'm already so fond of everyone and so hopeful that this could be a tremendous production! It will be a tremendous production.
Since we don't perform until end of March, the cast read-through isn't until the end of January. I struggle with patience and was initially a bit depressed that we weren't starting rehearsals right away (I'm excited!! Let's do this!!). Then again, much as I want to get started, I'm relieved to have a bit more time off. Time to play before I throw myself whole-heartedly into this fun show and role for three months!
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since this is the first of the black box season and they're still working out the logistical kinks, but it's still frustrating. My fingers are crossed this is the biggest problem we face.
Put the play on your schedule, and tell your friends!!
1 comment:
Oh man! That isn't very fun, I'm so sorry that happened:-( BUT I hope you keep hanging in there and it ends up more fun and you make more new friends!
Post a Comment