Friday, December 23

If my life were a Christmas movie...

I took a quiz called If your life were a Christmas movie, it would be... on the AMC website, and was pretty surprised at the result:

Why was I surprised? Because I LOATHED this movie when I saw it! Last year, I wrote a little bit about why I hated it so much. Perhaps I was too busy being distracted by all the sadness and frustration in the film to notice the things George's life and my life might have in common (not going the way we expected it to, for one). After all, it takes place over about 20 years, and it's hard to show a true balance between happy and sad, especially when the main character doesn't seem to notice the happy stuff until the end. I hope I'm more positive and thankful than he. Then again, it's been a good ten years since I've actually seen this movie, and I'm a more positive, empowered person than I was that year of college. Maybe I'd like it more now... if I can bring myself to give it another shot...

Maybe next year.

In the meantime, here's a clip from one of my favorite Christmas movies; I watched it last night and couldn't help but sing along!

Happy Friday! Only two more sleeps 'til Christmas!

P.S. Did you take the quiz? Which movie did you get?

6 comments:

Candice J said...

I'm "White Christmas"! I love that movie!!

Miss Megan said...

I'm jealous -- that's one of my favorites too!

Andrea said...

That was fun! And I got "Elf."

Living your life as an eternal optimist, you’re a sap for Santa, Christmas cookies, carols, and, well, just everything about the holidays. Even stale ribbon candy. Hey, it was fresh and tasty once. Why focus on the negative? All you really want is to see everyone laughing and smiling—and you often go to great lengths to ensure that happens. ‘Tis the season to be jolly!

Miss Megan said...

Haha, Andrea! I love that description :-D I hope you got all of your preparations done in time!

Sharon said...

EEEE! Muppet Christmas Carol! Thank you for making my WHOLE day!

Miss Megan said...

Haha! Anytime, Sharon!