Thursday, December 8

"Ha! Ha! I am woman!"

Today during a routine oil change, the technician said, "Oh, you know about the passenger-side light, right?"

I replied, "Yes.. wait, what? No."

Apparently it was out. He asked if I wanted him to fix it. My dad showed me once how to do it myself, so I said, "No, thanks." Immediately upon leaving the Jiffy Lube, I headed for a local auto-supply shop, where a nice lady looked up my make and model and lead me right to the appropriate light bulb.

Then I went home, opened up the hood, and replaced the light. Sure, I had some trouble when I realized it was in an awkward position in the car -- smashed up against the washer-fluid container and obstructed by unnecessary metal? Really? -- but I managed to finagle the wire-holder-dealie shut with the strap of a paper bag I found in the backseat (that thing really didn't want to snap into place). Yep, I took care of it all by myself.

When I flipped on the lights and saw that my newly-installed acquisition was working, I couldn't help but scream out: "Ha! Ha! I am WOMAN!!"

There are few things that make me feel as helpless and out-of-control as car troubles. What with everything else I feel like I've failed at recently, I really, really needed this win. I can't tell you how good it made me feel!

Thanks, Dad, for teaching me how to take care of myself!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Yes! Megan is winning right now!

Larissa said...

It is almost blasphemy to use a Charlie Sheen reference in regards to Megan, isn't it? Cause she is so above and beyond him, she's practically deity:-)

Gingerstar.kw said...

I LOVE this Megan! SO proud of you! I think all women should know how to change a tire too!

Miss Megan said...

Aw, thanks everybody! It's nice to know you all care about my successes, even the minor ones :)

Hatt family said...

Nicely done!!