Imagine our delight when we realized we will have caught up to Beauty and the Beast in time for the 3D release last week!
Ever silly, I proposed that we wear our tiaras to the showing Friday night, but we decided against it because some people planned to come who hadn't been on the Disneyland trip, and the friend who bought the Belle tiara couldn't come (gah! It's the only movie she's missed so far!).
Two of the three of us who actually met up aren't generally fans of 3D. I admit, I usually see the movie in 2D first, and if I like it I'll go again and see it in 3D. But, since this was the gimmick, we were pretty excited to see how the 3D affected the movie. Personally, I felt that it just called attention to the fact that the background is just a painting so that it looked even more flat, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the film.
| Me, Carrie, and Chantryce in our stylin' shades |
On the contrary, I LOVED it! I haven't seen this movie since it first came out in theaters, and I marveled at the details in the stain glass windows, which I'd never noticed before. How could I truly appreciate those details on my 26-inch TV screen? It just felt so wonderfully epic and grand. No wonder it was nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award (not "Best Animated Picture", but "Best Picture"... and this was back when they only nominated 5 movies in each category)! Some movies just have to be seen on the big screen to truly do them justice, and I have decided that Disney's Beauty and the Beast is one of them.
I also loved the Tangled short they had before the movie. It was so funny and sweet! It almost makes me wish I had seen Cars 2 and The Lion King 3D so I hadn't missed those shorts (you just can't miss a single movie!). Almost... but not quite. (I still can't believe that Chantryce hasn't seen Tangled yet. And you can't claim that after seeing the short you know what happens, because you had no idea who any of the characters were, so you can't ask what was going on with her hair!)
Lastly, I must say that the previews before the feature look terrific! I am sooooo going to see Madagascar 3 when it comes out. I laughed so hard at one of the gags that I still remembered it after the actual movie.
(The gag at 2:06 KILLS me!!!!)
If you have time to go, and you like the movie, you should go!! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I certainly wasn't :-D
| Belle (Carrie), Cogsworth (me), and Lumiere (Chantryce) agree!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment