Remember how six weeks ago I was cast in The Importance of Being Earnest? Then a week after that the rehearsals and performances were postponed? And ever since I've been jumping out of my skin excited and frustrated that we haven't started rehearsals yet?
Well, WE FINALLY GET TO GET STARTED!!!!!!!
We have our first read-through tomorrow, and I'll get to find out who the entire cast is, including maybe new people since our last meeting because the schedule change forced at least one person (that I know of) to drop out. I hope no one else did! We had such a terrific cast -- the show is double-cast and everyone was just so fabulous!!
Next week we start blocking. I can hardly wait!
Guess I'll have a lot less free time in the next three months. That's okay with me :^D It'll be worth it for the opportunity to do a play I've wanted to do for 15 years!
To celebrate, here's a number from the 2002 film. Sadly, this song probably won't be in our play, but it makes me giggle every time!
(The servants carrying the piano around is the BEST part!)
Here is a scene which WILL be in the play, and also makes me giggle every time:
"A haaaaand baaaaag?!"
Happy Friday, everyone!
2 comments:
Makayla and I really enjoyed the clips, and now we want to go see the movie! No wonder you're so excited to get started! :) Wish we could see you perform in person!
Do! Do! I have enjoyed every film and production I've ever seen of this show. I'm glad you two liked the clips and hope you like whichever movie version you get!
Post a Comment